User Friendly Inspiration: Being Receptive to Source
|CC0 Publc Domain|
A receptive mode is when you allow yourself to be in a state of receiving. Most people don’t realize how their thoughts, feelings, ideas and actions lead to the life that they are living. We want to be attuned or aligned or receptive so that we can live the best life possible, so that we can live our lives to the fullest, to be the best version of ourselves that we can be.
Are you in a receptive mode? What’s the point and how do I get there?
The easiest way to tell if you are in a receptive mode is to examine how you feel.
|"When we take a few minutes to examine how we feel and then|
decide to work toward something better, it can make a world of difference in your life."
How do you feel?
Are you calm, at peace, happy for no reason, in a state of feeling appreciation or gratitude? If those thoughts feel right? You are in the receptive mode. You are in a state of receiving and to receive.
Are you anxious, nervous, tense?
If these states more accurately describe you right now, then you are not in a receptive mode. You are not yet ready to receive but you can change that around and it starts with being aware of where you are right now.
The main idea/point is to realize that we can align our thoughts and feelings into a state of focusing on and receiving more of what we do want. We have the power to turn away from those ideas and sometimes recurring thoughts that bring us and keep us down and away from our dreams and goals.
The next step is to begin reaching for thoughts that (make you) feel better. No one expects you to go from completely out of control to being happy and joyous but you can always reach for something that feels better.
Sometimes just thinking of something or someone can instantly pull you and your mood in a different direction. We are creators and we have the power to catch a downward spiral and if we are already in the pit, we can climb our way back up and toward the light. The more we realize our ability to control our moods and the more we practice reaching for the things (thoughts) that make us feel good, the better our lives will get.
- Sometimes thinking of your child or grandchild can instantly pull you in another direction.
- Think about something or someone who makes you laugh.
- Turn on or hum some of your favorite music.
- Take a minute (or two or five) to step out and gaze at the sky and get some fresh air.
- Take a 10-15 minute walk. Movement can work wonders for helping us to relieve stress and turning a moment around.
- Exercise or walk/step in place for 1-3 minutes.
- Take 1-3 minutes to sit and write a gratitude list. This is one of the easiest ways to get into the receptive mode. For an extra boost, share it on social media.
- Surround yourself with some positive materials:
(All of these ladies have great websites, blogs and/or programs that can help you get on the path to living a fuller and incredible life)
- Call someone who always make you laugh or is a source of positivity, good energy or good will.
- Sketch, draw or color (give yourself a few minutes to focus on something else)
- Meditate or pray.
This list is a small sample of the many things that you can do to turn your mood and your receptivity (to your good) around.
Have more thoughts, please share with me how you get into the receptive mode and how you turn your moods around. I can’t wait to read about it below in the comments.