Monday, September 4, 2017

Remembering and Honoring Louise Hay


The love of the Creator surrounds me, dwells within me, goes before me and smooths the way for me. ~Louise Hay



Before there was "The Secret," there was a company called Hay House, founded by a woman who was thrust quite unexpectedly into a movement that she would lead and come to be associated with for decades. It was called, "positive thinking," "self-help," alternative medicine, quackery, foolishness and many other names with positive and negative connotations.  That woman, was none other than Louise Hay and she basically studied and changed her own life before encouraging all of us that, we indeed, could do the same. We were all, indeed, connected to a higher power, to something bigger and that influence could propel us above any minor ailments, challenges or obstacles that we were currently maximizing, feeling or experiencing. We could and can actually change our lives when we change our thoughts. 


"Several times throughout the day I let go of limited identities and remind myself of who I really am--a Divine, magnificent expression of life, created by a loving and infinite Intelligence." ~Louise Hay

Free CC0 License

Hay was a visionary. She helped individuals suffering with AIDS, long before it was fashionable or acceptable to do so and shortly thereafter, she became the face and name of a movement that gave hope to the hopeless as well as those who held impoverished minds and spirits.

"One day, I discovered magic. If I could really love myself, really love myself, incredible miracles would occur in my life. " Louise Hay


Free CC0 License

Many years ago, I read her best-selling book, "You Can Heal Your Life" and I was ever grateful to know that I could control my thought patterns and that anything that I focused on would expand. I also learned that "loving myself" was not vain or selfish but was necessary if I ever wanted to succeed or realize any of my dreams.  Those concepts have forever changed my life. We are indeed masters of our own fates, connected to a Power, a Being and a Knowing that is bigger than anything we can see and one that will lead us through and above anything. 

"My relationship with myself is eternal so I choose to love and accept myself and to talk to myself as I would to a beloved person in my life. ~Louise Hay

If you have never heard of Louise Hay, do yourself a favor and google her, visit the Hay House website or pick up one of her incredible books. You will not be disappointed and will probably feel a little lighter in doing so! 


Free CC0 License

Although she is physically gone, her spirit and her work will live on forever.



Thank you Louise Hay for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment